A game of Klondike - Click the picture to enlarge
- Object of the game: To complete the 4 foundations from Ace to King.
- For this game you need a standard 52-card deck. Shuffle and place it face down to the left of the table.
- To build the tableau, deal a horizontal row of seven cards from left to right. The first card is face up and the rest face down.
- Then deal another six cards from the stock, beginning with the second column face up and the other 5 columns face down.
- Deal five cards to the row below, beginning with the third column face up and the other 4 columns face down.
- Continue in this fashion until you deal only one card face up on the seventh column. Columns are dealt so that the cards overlap.
- Play all available Aces to the foundations.
- The top card of each column is available for play to either the foundations or to another tableau column. Build down the tableau columns in a descending sequence of alternating colors (for example: you can place a black 9 on a red 10).
- When you uncover a face-down card on the tableau, turn it face up.
- If you have built a sequence of cards on a tableau column, you can move them to another tableau column as a group.
- When a space becomes available on the layout, it can be filled only with a King.
- Deal the cards from the stock one at a time and play it to the foundations or to the tableau. If a card is not available for play, place it in the waste pile.
- When the stock is exhausted, take the remaining cards from the waste pile and move them, without shuffling, to the stock.
- This can be done as many times as you wish.
A game of Klondike in SolSuite Solitaire
Download a 30-day Free Trial of SolSuite Solitaire
The World's Most Awarded Solitaire Collection