A game of Osmosis - Click the picture to enlarge
- Object of the game: Build four foundations in suit.
- To start this game, place four piles of four cards each, with three cards face down and the fourth face up, as shown in the illustration. These are your reserve piles.
- The next card taken from the stock pile will be the base to
build the foundations. In the
above illustration, this card is a 3 of diamonds.
- The foundations are built in suit, regardless of rank.
- On the first foundation, play any face up card from the reserve.
- To build the second foundation, you must first get a card of the same rank as the base card. In this case, you can start the second foundation when you get a 3 of hearts, spades or clubs.
- Cards can be played to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th foundations only when a card of the same rank has been played on the first foundation.
- If you play all the cards from one reserve pile, that space must remain empty.
- When you cannot play any cards from the reserve piles to the foundations, play cards from the stock pile to the waste pile by threes. Only the top card can be played to the foundations.
- You have unlimited redeals from the stock pile.
A game of Osmosis in SolSuite Solitaire
Download a 30-day Free Trial of SolSuite Solitaire
The World's Most Awarded Solitaire Collection