A game of Windmill Solitaire - Click the picture to enlarge
- Object of the game: To win this game, distribute all the cards from two decks. One pile at the center will contain 52 cards and four smaller piles will contain 13 cards each.
- Shuffle two decks and remove an Ace, placing it at the center of the tableau. This will be your first foundation. It will be built up, regardless of suit, from Ace to King then Ace again to King, until this pile contains 52 cards.
- The other four foundations, forming a square as shown in the image below, will be built down, regardless of suit, from King to Ace.
- To complete the tableau, you have eight piles or "sails", forming a cross on the tableau. These piles may contain only one card at a time. When a card is played to the foundations, the space created will be filled with the first available card from the waste pile or the stock.
- No building is permitted on the "sails".
- If no cards from the "sails" can be moved to the foundations, deal one card at a time from the stock to the waste pile, to continue building the foundations.
- No redeals are permitted.
A game of Windmill in SolSuite Solitaire
Download a 30-day Free Trial of SolSuite Solitaire
The World's Most Awarded Solitaire Collection